Water is the fundamental need of all living things, and one should drink a sufficient amount of water daily regularly. Drinking a sufficient amount of water is also essential for maintaining proper hydration inside the body, and optimum hydration is essential for living a healthy lifestyle.
Water plays an important role in various body functions like removing body waste, improving digestive health, supporting brain functions, and various others. So you should drink 7-8 glasses of water regularly daily.
But these days the water pollution has increased drastically, and as a result, water has become home to various kinds of disease-causing agents, and drinking of contaminated water leads to various kinds of fatal health issues. So, it has become crucial for people to consume clean and healthy water all the time.
Types Of Water Purification System
There are various kinds of water purification systems in the market, and all of them are best. Here we have elaborated some of the crucial and widely accepted methods to purify water, and these are
1. Water Purifier
A water purifier is an advanced water purification system that eliminates all kinds of contamination present in water and makes it suitable for drinking. Generally, a water purifier is based on modern and advanced water purification technologies, and these technologies are
- Reverse Osmosis
This technology is one of the widely accepted water purification methods as it eliminates all kinds of contamination present in the water, whether the water contaminant is total dissolved salts or microbial. Reverse osmosis technology mainly contains a semi-permeable membrane with several tiny pores, and these tiny pores can eliminate up to 14,000 times smaller-sized particles than a human hair. So this technology ensures that you will get safe and contamination-free water irrespective of the source of water.
- Ultraviolet Rays
After reverse osmosis, Ultra-Filtration is one of the widely used water purification methods to treat the microbial contamination present in the water. A UV water purifier is only suitable for water sources with a high concentration of microbial contamination. A water purification system based on the UV rays doesn’t treat other contamination like dissolved salts and others.
2. Water Softener
A water softener is an electronic device mainly used to convert hard water into soft water. Water contains a high concentration of salts of calcium and magnesium called hard water. A water softening device replaces the salts of calcium and Magnesium with sodium; thus, hard water becomes soft.
Hard water is not considered safe for human uses as it causes various kinds of skin diseases like eczema, heavy hair fall, dryness of skin, and various others. So if you are having these kinds of issues, you can consider buying a water softening device for your home.
Note- Water treated by a water softener is unsuitable for drinking as a water softener only converts hard water into soft water. And other impurities like microbial contamination and other dissolved salts remain in the water, so it is not suitable for human consumption.
Benefits Of Water Purification System
A water purification system possesses various advantages, and some of them are
- Protect From Various Kinds Of Waterborne Diseases– Water having a high concentration of contamination in it leads to various kinds of health issues, but a water purification system not only treat water impurities but also eliminate them properly and make them safe for human uses
- Protect From Various Skin Diseases– Water having a high concentration of salts of calcium and magnesium cause various kinds of skin issues like eczema, wrinkles, and other
- Eliminate Pollutant– A water purification system can easily eliminate all kinds of contamination present in the water, thus making water safe for human consumption
- Remove Unpleasant Odor From Water– Generally, water is odorless, but it is water impurities that adds some unpleasant odor in water but a water purification system treat and eliminate all kinds of impurities, thus making water tasty
- Prevent Hair Fall– bathing under hard water leads to baldness and heavy hair losses, but water treated by the best water purification system prevents hair losses
Water purification systems are essential for almost all houses in India as water pollution has reached the next level in the recent past. Due to high water pollution, it is crucial to treat water before you consume it; else you may fall sick badly and adversely.
A water purification system is based on modern and advanced water purification technology, making water pure and healthy. Drinking water purified by a water purification system ensures that you will live a healthy life, so be careful each time you drink water and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Ruba just completed her MBBS and she loves to share health tips and write about health-related topics. All the content on this blog related to health is properly researched and practiced by DR Ruba.