The Water Purifier has become an essential part of our kitchen. Without installing such a marvel of technology, our kitchen and home remain incomplete. Moreover, our source water contains many impurities that are dangerous to our health.
Therefore, we need to equip ourselves with the necessary means to get rid of germs and pollutants. For example, Kent RO Service Pune offers good quality water purifiers. But how do we choose the best water purifier? Well, it depends on the amount of impurity in your source water.
Impure Elements of Source Water
In general, our source water gets contaminated by various means, from suspended water particles to total dissolved solids, slits, dust and debris, heavy particles, sand particles. Moreover, there are also biological wastes, bacteria, dead algae, and viruses harmful to our health.
Hence, before buying the perfect water purifier, we have to make sure of our water quality. And to understand the water quality, we need to make sure of our source water. Generally, borewell water is considered to be the most polluted source of water. Though, in certain cases, we find chemical pollutants in municipal water.
So, what is TDS? It is the short form of total dissolved solids. The amount of TDS in our drinking water varies according to the source. The TDS level in our drinking water is measured by PPM or particle per million.
Generally, the TDS level is the highest in borewell water. But of course, there are exceptions. But, borewell water may contain as much as 500ppm level of TDS, which is harmful for consumption. In comparison, municipal water may contain 150-300 ppm levels of TDS.
Now, we question why TDS is so harmful? Well, these dissolved solids are hazardous for many diseases. At the same time, normal water filters cannot get rid of them. Even by boiling the water, you may be able to kill the microbiological organisms and other impure factors, but TDS remains.
Therefore, only a good water purifier can get rid of those. While differentiating different filters of water purifiers, it’s best to take one factor in hand. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how effective each filter is in removing TDS from water.
Using RO Water Purifier for Pure Water: Understanding RO
If the TDS level is above 500ppm, we recommend using an RO water purifier likeKent RO Service Pune.
The reverse osmosis process makes the water flow from a higher plane of TDS level to a lower plane. This is done by applying heavy water pressure externally. This pressure is created with the help of a water pump. Therefore, it reverses the flow of the water.
By this process, all the impurities from the high TDS plane are pumped towards the RO membrane. With its semi-permeable pores, this RO membrane blocks the dissolved solids and lets only fresh and clean water pass through. Thereafter, the impure elements, such as dissolved solids and other impurities, are discharged through another outlet.
- Therefore, all the high-level TDS are filtered. RO purifiers are the best when it comes to providing fresh and clean water
- Apart from TDS, other impure elements include bacteria, slits, sediments, debris, viruses, and other pollutants.
These can be the cause of many waterborne diseases. Therefore, an RO water purifier is effective for purifying water from all contaminants and ensuring good health.
- RO water purifier along with UV and UF is an even more potent threat to the pollutants. A UV filter with its UV rays can directly change the DNA composition of the impurities. Moreover, dangerous microorganisms are also killed in the process
- It has overall health benefits. Drinking safe and pure water ensures the good health of our kidneys, liver, and cells. Moreover, we need to build good immunity against the ongoing pandemic. Therefore, clean and pure water is an utmost requirement
- RO water purifier with its post-carbon filter makes the taste of the water sweet. Generally, if water has a bad odor, then an RO water purifier can be effective, it clears the bad odor and provides a very sweet taste. If the water has a high TDS level, it can be a bit brackish and saline in taste. Therefore, through the filtration process, those problems are solved
- An RO water purifier is also great at filtering out the heavy particles from water. Our drinking water may carry many heavy particles, such as iron, chemical wastes, etc. Moreover, if the pipe of the source water is rusty, then there are all the more reasons for the water to have a high density of heavy particles.
What Is the Filtration Process of RO Purifiers?
An RO Water purifier goes through certain stages of purification. It has many sets of filters inbuilt to combat all the impurities.
- Through the Sediment pre-filter, all the coarse and heavy, impure molecules are removed. This filter improves the health of the RO Membrane
- Next, the Carbon pre-filter removes the harmful chlorine and other bad odor problems
- Thereafter, the RO membrane ensures to filter out the remaining impurities
- Then comes the work of carbon post-filter. This filter enhances the taste of the water
Thus, it’s great to install an RO Water purifier to ensure purified and clean water for consumption. But we must also maintain the filters of the purifier. Regular servicing is required to maintain the machine’s health, just like we maintain our health.