Water is a very important element especially in hot summer on this earth for the survival of various living organisms. Approximately, 60 percent of the human adult body is comprised of water.
It is required in our body for various biochemical reactions, carrying nutrients to different parts of our body, eliminating waste from our body, maintaining optimum blood circulation, and setting the temperature of the body.
It helps in improving digestion, prevent you from constipation, maintain your heartbeat, and also maintain the healthy functioning of your tissues and various organs.
If we fail to drink a sufficient amount of water in hot summer, then it will lead to dehydration of the body. There are various symptoms of dehydration such as muscle cramps, thirst, fatigue, and dry skin, etc.
We may start losing appetite, face little constipation, start suffering from lightheadedness, and various other health problems. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss various tips to keep your body hydrated during the hot summer season:
1. Drink Plenty of Water in hot summer
One of the best and simplest ways to keep your body hydrated is to drink plenty of water. But fluid intake suggestions vary according to pregnancy, sex, age, and breastfeeding.
It is recommended that you should start drinking a glass of water when you wake up and a glass before bedtime. You should drink fluids slowly throughout the whole day of hot summer. Not just water, you can also have various other types of healthy fluids like lemonade, coconut water, fruit juice, etc.
2. Be Aware of Dehydration Signs
It is imperative to be aware of the signs of dehydration like inflamed skin, itchy skin, sensitivity, irritation, or dry skin. These all are signs of dehydration. Also, you may start experiencing headaches, dizzy or tiredness.
Some other signs are rapid breathing, fainting, muscle cramps, and dark color urine. If you are facing these kinds of symptoms, then you should immediately move to the cool zone and drink plenty of fluids.
Turn on air conditioning Sydney at your home to maintain the ideal temperature at your place on hot summer days. In case, your condition starts going worse, then you should immediately call 911.
3. Check Color of Urine
The best way to determine the hydration level of your body is by checking the color of your urine. If the color of your urine is pale, then it indicates your body is properly hydrated.
On the other hand, if your urine color is dark yellow, then it indicates that your body is dehydrated. Sometimes, medications and other health conditions also affect the urine color. But in the normal case, your urine color should be pale.
4. Avoid Sugary Drinks And Alcohol
Most people think that sugary drinks may also help in improving the hydration level of the body. But some liquids can make you feel more dehydrated such as alcohol, caffeinated beverages, and sugary drinks. Thus, we recommend you avoid drinks loaded with sodium and sugar. You should try to avoid them or limit their consumption.
5. Regulate Your Body Temperature
The process of keeping your body hydrated is not just about drinking healthy fluids, but it is also about regulating the temperature of your body. The risk of heatstroke increases during the hot summer season.
You should control the temperature of your body by wearing light and loose-fitting clothes. Also, start doing workouts inside your home in a cool and comfortable ambiance. Avoid going outside during the hot time of the day and prefer to stay indoors in a cool region.
You should consider the installation of ducted air conditioning Sydney at your home. It will help in maintaining the ideal temperature and optimum humidity level inside your home.
6. Add Water Rich Food to Diet
Out of the total, 80 percent of water intake is comprised of the healthy fluids we take, and the rest 20 percent of water intake is from the food we wat. All kinds of fruits and vegetables are comprised of water at different levels.
You should include water-rich food in your diet to increase your body hydration level such as tomatoes, radishes, celery, peppers, cauliflower, spinach, etc. These types are comprised of more than 90 percent of water.
7. Replenish When You Sweat
Sweating during the hot summer season leads to loss of water from the body. When you sweat too much, then you should drink plenty of water to replenish the loss. It is one of the best ways to prevent your body from dehydration.
8. Take Probiotics
Some good and bad bacteria reside inside our bodies. These bacteria present inside our gut, mouth, and skin. Probiotics can be described as living organisms found in cultured foods, supplements, and yogurt.
By increasing the probiotics intake, you can improve your immunity system and strengthen up your body against infection. It also helps your body to fight against various other health conditions.