Asthma is a severe disease characterized by difficulty breathing, rapid breathing, cough, wheezing, chest pain, sleeping problems, and several other symptoms. It could lead to physical as well as mental issues. In Ayurveda, there are several ways through which we can minimize and control this disorder.
Dr. Sharda Ayurveda, founded by Dr. Mukesh Sharda, has treated numerous Asthma patients through Ayurvedic treatment for Asthma that includes the use of herbs, spices, natural techniques and vast experience to deal with such ailments.
Types of Asthma:-
Asthma can be of various forms, and some of them are:
- Allergic Asthma
- Non-allergic Asthma
- Seasonal Asthma
- Occupational Asthma
- Exercise-induced Asthma
- Childhood Asthma
- Adult-Onset Asthma
Symptoms of Asthma:-
The Person diagnosed with Asthma may experience the following:
- Difficulty while breathing
- Pain in chest.
- Rapid heartbeat
- Exhaustion or dizziness
- Lips and fingers may turn blue
- Shortness of breath while doing exercise or any other strenuous activity
Causes of Asthma:-
Some of the significant causes of Asthma:
- Allergies:- An allergy to any chemicals, dust, pet dander, or fumes can also cause Asthma.
- Family History:- A person is at high risk of developing such a disorder if their family has a history of respiratory diseases.
- Environmental factor:- If you are working or living in a congested area where there is a lack of fresh air to breathe, it doubles your chances of being a victim of this disorder.
- Vata Dosha Imbalance:- Consuming excess foods that contain Vata Dosha, like – buttermilk, meat, rice or wheat etc., can be one of the causes of respiratory ailments.
- Alcohol/Smoking:- The smoke of Cigarettes, tobacco and its substitutes may enter through our nose and mouth and results in difficulty in breathing and lung infections. The respiratory system’s organs become inflamed by consuming such harmful substances.
- Pollution:- If you are living in an area near a factory where the waste gases and fumes are usually dumped, it can significantly increase your chances of breathing issues.
- Lack of personal hygiene:- Unhygienic habits like not washing hands before eating or not covering the nose and mouth while sneezing can also trigger Asthma.
- Lifestyle:- If you are following a sedentary lifestyle, you are more prone to respiratory-related issues.
- Disturbed mental health:- Stress, anxiety, and tension are the major root causes of many serious ailments, of which respiratory disorders are one.
What Ayurveda-suggested can herbal remedies help you combat Asthma and other associated diseases?
Following are the five most effective remedies that help manage Asthma:
Use of Herbs
Using Ayurvedic home remedies for treating Asthma can be an effective solution. As these are natural, there are no chances of getting any side effects.
This herb has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the swelling of the airways of our respiratory system, resulting in reduced breathing problems.
Make a paste of black raisins, dates, long Pippali and honey in the same quantity. Consume it with warm milk in the morning or evening to control Asthma attacks.
One can get relief from discomfort by applying mustard oil to the chest.
The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of the magical herb ginger can help strengthen your lungs, resulting in better respiratory system functioning. *Chewing a raw piece of ginger can be beneficial.
Making a herbal tea by blending some excellent Ayurvedic herbs like Ajwain, Tulsi, pepper, and ginger can help prevent the disorder.
*The Ayurvedic tips that can improve the respiratory system working are:
Change in Diet
The food we eat has a direct connection with our minds and body. A Simple change in our diet can help us to deal with Asthma. Fruits like apples, oranges, pomegranates and tomatoes help improve our immunity and reduce the risk of respiratory diseases.
Change in Lifestyle
The most effective way to treat asthma and other associated ailments are to follow a healthy lifestyle. The best form by which you can keep yourself active is doing exercise, cycling, jogging, and walking.
It includes the techniques that help to control the breath. Patients with Asthma can get relief by adopting these simple and effective asanas.
Bhujangasana:- This asana help to get rid of joint pain and other respiratory ailments. It gives strength to your lungs and reduces breathing problems.
Gaumukhasana:- It improves our body posture by stretching the ankles, knees, chest and shoulders muscles.
Ardh Matsyendrasana:- This asana is helpful in many ways as it reduces obesity, makes the spine strong and keeps the liver, kidney, and lungs healthy.
Quit Smoking and Alcohol
The smoke of tobacco and cigarettes and the consumption of alcohol are one of the leading causes of Asthma, as it makes our organs infected and inflammation. These habits should be avoided entirely to overcome these sicknesses.
Contact and consult the experts from Dr. Sharda Ayurveda for more remedies and tips.
Digital Birjesh is a Digital Marketing Specialist with Science Background, I mostly write original and genuine articles.