When you try to open a company file, QuickBooks Error 80070057 usually appears. The 80070057 error code in QuickBooks is a run-time error. The error 80070057 is caused by a communication problem with the company file on the server or host of QuickBooks. This error could be due to several different factors.
Some of the most common causes of errors
The most common causes of QuickBooks error code 80070057 are listed below.
- During the installation of the QuickBooks program, there was some damage.
- If you’re using a third-party firewall blockage and it’s not configured correctly in QuickBooks Desktop, the error may appear.
- Attempting to open a portable company file (.qbm) without first opening QuickBooks.
- BitDefender can block unusual ports when there is a risk of data traffic between computers.
- If you open QuickBooks Desktop, the error may occur by clicking on the company file rather than opening the file from within the QuickBooks program.
- Because the company file extension was changed, the QuickBooks application could not read the company file.
- A QBB file extension was manually added to a QuickBooks for Mac backup file.
- It’s possible that a QB Windows file extension has been renamed or is the incorrect type (.qbm, .qbb, .qbx).
- QuickBooks displays data damage in the company file during the conversion or creation of a backup or portable company file.
Solutions Of Fixing Error Code 80070057
Intuit has provided several solutions that can be used to resolve this problem. For the best results, it is also recommended that you follow the solutions’ sequence.
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks from scratch
All users must uninstall the previous QuickBooks version and reinstall the software from scratch. Then run a clean QuickBooks Desktop Latest Version installation.
Solution 2: Convert all of your Mac files to Windows.
While converting QuickBooks for Windows, use the Backup to QuickBooks for Windows feature that comes standard with QuickBooks for Mac purchases. Users must use the data backup option in the Windows function to convert their QuickBooks files from Mac to Windows to accomplish this.
Solution 3: File Extension Authentication
If this error occurs, check the name extension of QuickBooks Company files and make the necessary changes. The extension is usually added to the end of the file name. QBW
Under the extension authentication of the files, you must perform three functions
They are as follows:
- Change the extensions on the company name file.
- Authenticate the company name’s file extension.
- Suppose the user is attempting to open a company stored on a flash drive. This will result in an error. Copy the file with the company name from the Flash drive and paste it into a local folder.
Solution 4: Upgrade your QuickBooks to a more recent version
If you get the error while converting a file from a previous QuickBooks Desktop version, carefully restore the backup created during the conversion process into the previous QuickBooks Desktop version. You must ensure that all systems in a multi-user configuration report the error and that QuickBooks Desktop is not repaired or uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem can be classified because it is data-related rather than program-related.
- Repair a backup or portable company file
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Using the File menu, select Open Company or Restore Company.
- Click Next after restoring a portable company file or restoring a backup.
- Choose a backup or portable company file.
- Choose the company file or backup that you want to open.
- Click Next after you’ve clicked Open.
- Click Save after selecting the location where you want to save the restored QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- You’re done if the “Restore a portable company file” window opens successfully. Continue to the next step if it does not open.
- Create a company file from an accountant’s copy.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be repaired.
- Carry out a fresh QuickBooks Desktop installation.
Solution:5 Run QuickBooks File Doctor as a last resort.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a program that can be downloaded and installed on your computer. When you download and run QuickBooks File Doctor, it detects and runs the software’s diagnostics to determine the root cause of the error and apply the appropriate solution.
If the error code 80070057 persists after trying the above solutions, you should contact QuickBooks customer service right away. They are approachable and offer appropriate solutions promptly. If you cannot contact the support representatives, please get in touch with Businessaccountings.com immediately to obtain expert resolution services from our in-house trained technicians, who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We value our customers’ time and strive to meet their needs and requirements. Our 24-hour support service enables users to receive solutions to errors and issues in the shortest time possible.
Hey, my name is Nick Mosan based in the USA, I have over 10 yr of experience as a QuickBooks adviser..