QuickBooks error 1603 is an installation or updating error that arises when the user tries to install or update the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release version. This error mainly arises when an installation file is missing from the PC.
QuickBooks error 1603 occurs with a pop-up display message as;
“Error 1603: The update installer has faced an internal error.”
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 1603
Given below is the list of the reasons why the users face the QuickBooks error 1603;
- QuickBooks company’s file is temporarily locked.
- QuickBooks does not have enough permissions for installing the updates.
- Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer is not installed on your PC.
- Using an outdated version of the PC’s operating system.
- When the sudden power failure shuts downs the PC during the updating process.
- Damaged Microsoft C++ and MSXML components can also be a reason due to why the QuickBooks error code 1603 occurs.
- The temporary folder (%temp%) is full of cache.
- PC’s windows registry is damaged or corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1603?
Let’s take a look at the symptoms through which you can identify the QuickBooks installation error 1603;
- Unable to run the QuickBooks application on your device.
- PC’s screen is hanging.
- Unable to access the QuickBooks company’s file.
- QuickBooks is not responding to mouse and keyboard commands.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1603?
Below are the solutions you can follow step by step to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1603.
Solution 1. Download New Windows Update
Downloading the new windows update can help you improve your PC’s performance speed and fix compatibility issues. Below are the steps you can follow to update the PC’s windows to the latest release.
- Firstly, navigate to the windows start menu and type “Windows Update” in the search box.
- After that, press the enter button, and it will redirect you to the windows update page.
- Thereon, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- Now, if any new updates are available, click on the “Download” option.
- Therefore, the windows updating process will commence on your screen.
- After downloading, click on the “Restart Now” option.
At last, once you are done with the above steps, then verify if the QuickBooks updating error 1603 has been eliminated or not. If the error still exists, then try the next solution.
Solution 2. Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool performs deep scanning of the software, and it will automatically fix all the issues with the software. This tool can be a solution for eliminating the QuickBooks error 1603.
Below are the steps you can follow to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your PC.
- First, download the latest QuickBooks tool (188.8.131.52) on your PC.
- Now, as the file gets downloaded, then double-click on the file to open it and then keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed on your PC.
- After that, double-click on the tool icon to open it.
- Thereon, click on the “Installation Issues” option available on the left side of the screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the “QuickBooks install diagnostic Tool” option.
- Now, the scanning procedure will commence on your screen. This process will take around 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the file size.
- As the scanning process ends, then restart your PC.
After performing the above steps, try updating the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. If you still face the QuickBooks update error 1603, jump to the next solution.
Solution 3. Install QuickBooks Software in Selective Start-Up Mode
Below are the steps you can follow to install the QuickBooks software in a selective start-up mode.
Tip: Before commencing with this process, you must take a backup of the QuickBooks company’s file so that if any step goes behind the desired results, your important data will be safe.
- The first step is to uninstall the QuickBooks desktop application from your device.
- After that, open the windows run command on your PC by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Now, type “Msconfig” in the search box and click on the “OK” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “General” tab option.
- After that, search for the “Selective Start-up” and “Load System” services.
- Then, click on the “Disable All” option and further uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option.
- After that, under the list of services, tick mark the box against the option “Windows Installer.”
- At last, click on the “OK” option and perform a restart of your PC.
Once you have switched to the selective start-up mode, install the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC. Thereon, switch back to the “Normal Start-up Mode.”
The Bottom Line
We hope the above solutions have helped you resolve the QuickBooks update error 1603. If you need further assistance related to QuickBooks, you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at email@example.com. Our experienced QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 to provide the best feasible solution for your query.
Hello, I’m Morkal. I’m a Technician in Accounting, Bookkeeping services and living in Dallas, Texas USA.