If you are facing an XVDD SCSI Miniport error in your Windows device. Then, this article will tell you the reasons behind this error and some easy methods to fix it.
In XVDD SCSI Miniport error the XVDD stands for the Xen Virtual Disk D and SCSI stands for the Small Computer System Interface. XVDD means the drive that is virtually connected to your computer and is used by specific apps or games. Whereas, SCSI is a set of physical transfer protocols and standard interfaces used to connect different devices to the computer.
If your Windows device is showing the XVDD SCSI Miniport system restart error. There are many reasons behind this issue including newly downloaded applications, outdated drivers, and many more. This error creates problems while playing or launching games. But don’t worry, here we will help your fix the Xvdd SCSI Miniport problem with the easiest methods.
How To Fix The XVDD SCSI Miniport Problem In Windows?
Here we will help you get rid of this issue by updating and reinstalling XVDD SCSI Miniport drivers, updating Windows, and updating gaming services on your Windows device. So without any further ado, let’s jump right into it.
Update Or Reinstall XVDD SCSI Miniport Drivers
If the Miniport is showing unrecognized in your Device Manager. In that case, you need to either update or reinstall its driver because the driver is not compatible with your system. Below are the properly explained steps through which you can easily update and reinstall the driver.
Update XVDD SCSI Miniport Driver
You can update the driver using both manual and automatic ways. For the manual method, you need to use Windows in-built tool called Device Manager. For the automatic process, you have to download a third-party driver updater software. First, let’s talk about updating the driver using Device Manager:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the options menu
- Click on the arrow next to the Storage controllers
- Step3: Now, right-click on the XVDD SCSI Miniport driver
- Then click on the Update driver from the list
- Select the “Search automatically for drivers” option in the new pop-up window
- Let your computer search for some new updated drivers and then follow the instructions visible on the screen to install the new drivers
After the completion of the process, Restart your system and check if the issue is resolved.
You can also update your XVDD SCSI Miniport drivers using third-party driver updater software. These programs will not only keep your drivers up-to-date, but they will also enhance your computer’s overall performance. Some of these applications also keep a backup of the old drivers, so that you can reinstall them if needed. Here are some of the best driver updater applications for your Windows device:
- Quick Driver Updater
- Bit Driver Updater
- AVG Driver Updater
- Avast Driver Updater
- Driver Easy
Reinstall XVDD SCSI Miniport Driver
If you are still facing the Miniport error on your computer then it’s time to reinstall the driver using the same Device Manager tool. Here’s how to do it:
- Search Device Manager in the taskbar and press Enter
- On the Device Manager Window, expand the Storage Controllers option
- Now, right-click on the Miniport driver and then select Uninstall driver
- Click on the Uninstall button to confirm your actions
Wait for the process to complete, then Restart your computer and your computer will automatically install a new set of printer drivers for you. Check if the issue is resolved. You can also manually download the driver from Microsoft’s official website.
Note: Make sure that while using the steps mentioned above your computer is connected with an active internet connection. When you install the drivers, your computer checks for the compatible drivers available online. If for some reason, your computer is unable to find any new drivers for your computer you can always download them from the Windows official website.
Update Your System’s Gaming Services
Updating your Windows gaming services can help you to get rid of the XVDD SCSI Miniport error. To update your gaming services follow the instructions given below:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings from the option list
- Click on the Updates & Security option
- Select Windows Update from the left-hand side panel
- Under “Windows Update”, click on the Check for Updates button
- Your system will check for any new updates. If there is any, click on the download and install now button to start the process
- Now, search for Microsoft Store in the taskbar and press Enter
- On the Microsoft Store page search “Gaming Services” and update it.
When the process is finished, Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved or not. If not jump on to the next method shared below.
Uninstall Xbox Application
If you have an Xbox application installed on your computer but you don’t use it to play games. Then, it’s better to delete the application from your Windows device. Removing the desktop icon won’t actually remove the app from your system. For that, you need to uninstall the application using the Control Panel. To do so, try the following instructions:
- Search Control Panel in the taskbar and press Enter
- Change the view of the Control Panel page by clicking on the dropdown menu next to the “View by” option. Select Category from the list.
- Now, under programs options, click on the Uninstall a program button
- Right-click on the Xbox from the list given and then click on Uninstall
Wait for a few moments till your computer removes the application from its system. When the process is done, Restart your computer and check for the XVDD SCSI Miniport system error.
XVDD SCSI Miniport System Restart Error Resolved In Windows
Facing the XVDD SCSI Miniport system error is not a big deal. In this write-up, we have provided you with different solutions or methods through which you can easily get rid of this issue. We hope the solutions mentioned above have helped you. If not, then you can contact Windows Support for professional advice. If you have any queries or suggestions related to this post share them in the comment section below.
A professional writer and have a healthy experience in technology niche.