The significance of digital marketing continues to rise. Marketing budgets continue to shift toward digital due to increased online time spent by individuals.
It’s easy to get into execution mode and start doing when there are so many opportunities in digital marketing. So, investing in your strategy is one of the best ways to increase your digital return on investment. Developing what is already working and reducing waste are all benefits of having a clear strategy.
How to develop a digital marketing strategy:
1. Analyze the outcomes of your exploration of the landscape
- An in-depth investigation is the first step in any effective plan. You will clearly understand your starting point. How you compare to your rivals and a deeper comprehension of your customers.
- Look at how you did. Begin by looking at how you’ve done over the past year. Then, explore analytics to learn what worked, didn’t, and why.
- Compare yourself to your rivals.
- More from the FORBES ADVISOR The Best Travel Insurance Companies by Amy DaniseEditor The Best Covid-19 Travel Insurance Plans by Amy DaniseEditorFacebook’s free tool, Facebook Audience Insights, lets you learn more about your audience’s size, demographics, habits, and interests. Another free tool to see what people search for and search trends over time is Google Trends.
2. Create a strategy map
- Develop a clear strategy based on your wants and how to accomplish it. Then, you can align your plan with the GSOT strategy framework for goals, strategies, objectives, and tactics.
- A goal is something you accomplish at a high level. It could be, for instance, increasing sales by 5% or generating 200 registrations for an event.
- The method you’ll use to achieve your objectives is called strategy. The marketing funnel stages typically define this; you can concentrate on awareness, interest, desire, and action.
- Objectives are numbers that can be measured and relate to your goal. For instance, if I want to increase sales by 5% this year, I might want to generate 200 leads or reach 400 people.
- Your strategies are in line with your goals. For instance, if I need 200 leads, I might use social media and a landing page with a webinar to entice potential new clients.
- You can focus your efforts on the areas most likely to drive business growth if you establish a clear strategy. There are numerous options available to you in digital marketing; The problem lies in deciding what to do.
3. Identify who you want to reach
Digital marketing gives you a chance to run campaigns with very specific targeting. Be as specific as you can and go beyond conventional demographic targeting. For example, create buyer personas to get to know your ideal customer.
4. Create a content strategy
Create a content strategy based on your marketing goals and audience. The most important topics or content buckets that should be included in your execution should be identified by this.
Five methods for getting content ideas:
- Return to step one, conduct customer analysis, and look for inspiration from your rivals.
- To see the questions people ask about search engines, visit Answer the Public.
- On Instagram, look for popular hashtags to see what’s trending. Instagram is great for finding motivational content because it is so visual.
- Examine the suggestions provided by Google. It demonstrates what people are looking for in your category.
- Look into Pinterest, which has a lot of viral, visually appealing, and widely shared content.
5. Select your strategies and channels
Select the channels that are most likely to result in the best results once you have identified the content that resonates with your audience.
Consider all of the strategies, tools, and digital channels you might employ. The second step is to prioritize based on your strategy. Finally, consider how each channel helps you achieve your objective and goal.
6. Establish benchmarks and key performance indicators
Too frequently, businesses commence execution but need help determining whether they are achieving results. First, it would help if you had a clear key performance indicator (KPI) for each investment activity. Next, establish standards. Your goal is to meet your benchmark. In the case of email marketing, my benchmark is achieving a 25% or higher email open rate.
7. Implement best practices
Frequently the overlooked details are the main problem. You must complete steps in the execution to get the results you want. Make sure you are adhering to best practices by taking some time. Computerized showcasing changes much of the time, and something I dealt with last year might require tweaking to work now. Remember that doing a few things well is preferable to doing many things poorly.
8. Adjust and analyze
The capacity to pivot and adjust is one factor that contributes to the effectiveness of digital marketing. You can make a predetermined plan and follow it. For instance, if an advertisement isn’t working, stop it and try something else. If your site isn’t changing over guests, run an A/B correlation test with various invitations to take action. You could, for instance, compare the effectiveness of a “sign up now” call to action to that of a “learn more” call to action.
With digital marketing, it can be easy to focus on tactics because you probably get new tools or ideas every week. However, a well-defined strategy and remaining focused are the keys to improving your results. When you have a narrowly focused strategy, you will have a clear understanding of how each component of your plan contributes to achieving your goals and propels your company forward.
Aim Solutions offers web development, SEO services, content marketing, digital marketing, internet marketing company and more.